Thursday, July 23, 2009

Got Faith?

Okay, I don't know about everyone else, but this whole recession thing really sucks. I lost my job back in June (believe me I'm not complaining too much - boss was a work of art if you know what I mean), but finding another job has been like going to the dentist; very slow and painfully. And let's not talk about unemployment. That has turned into a freaking joke. I applied 7 weeks ago and my paperwork is still PENDING. Now I could get discouraged and just give in to this whole 'recession' notion, and believe me, before yesterday I was almost there; on the brink of I don't give a good -you-know-what. But something happened.


Yesterday morning, like most Sunday mornings, I attended church services, but yesterday was different. I was feeling lost, hopeless, and discouraged and ready to go home and just cry my eyes out. But as I sat through mass I began to realize that God had me there for a specific reason. The homily was about faith. Yep...just want I needed. The priest talked about believing in God and yourself; having faith that He can make things happen. But if you don't believe and lack faith, nothing is going to change and you are going to remain in the same spot; stagnant.

Armed with that information I started off my week with a new source of inspiration called Faith. I have faith that I'm going to beat this recession and find a job or that a bunch of people are going to need counseling services within the next month and select me as their therapist :) I have faith that my status at the unemployment office is going to change from PENDING to give that girl her back pay puh-lease, lol. And I have faith and know without a shadow of a doubt, that God will never leave my side and as He closes one door another one is being opened with even better opportunities on the other side.



Faith...it does a body good.

1 comment:

  1. Having faith is so very important in our lives. God has made promises to us about what the future holds but without faith, we are showing God that we don't believe that His word will come to pass. We must do our part and believe that the All Might God has our best interest at heart and loves us enough to keep us and make all things new. Many Blessings on your spiritual, emotional, and mental journey to becoming the woman that God has called you to be!

    ReplyDelete