Monday, June 21, 2010

Dating Challenge Update

Lawd....why is this so difficult! All I asked my friends to do was hook me up with an eligible bachelor. You would think I asked them for an invite to the White House. After sending out an email to my closes friends encouraging them to set me up on a blind date with the man of their choice I was met with so many brick walls it was unbelievable. Their excuses ranged from... "You're nuts and I'm not doing that!" to "If I could find a good man I'd keep him for myself" or "If he hurts you I don't want you to be mad at me." But the shocker and most repeated excuse was "CJ, I'm sorry but I just don't know of any good men." I mean is it really that bad? Do we really have a shortage of good men (and notice I didn't say Black men because my white girlfriend got the same email as everyone else). Sadly my faith in finding a good man had fizzled like a soda that's been sitting out all day. The taste in my mouth...frighteningly bitter.

But fortunately for me I did have one girlfriend who stepped up to the challenge and found a guy who met all of my requirements; employed, good dresser, and no drama. So far we've talked on the phone several times and after each occasion I must admit that I'm finding myself more attracted to him. Have we seen each other? No, just photographs, but initially, I didn't even have that, just his number and the chance to meet a really nice guy. He admires what I'm doing and has taken this as a friendly competition, stating that he hopes I've had a chance to go on a blind date with two other guys so by the time he takes me out I'll realize that the 3rd guy is the charm (Awwwww).

No comments:

Post a Comment